TABATAS
High intensity exercise for 20 seconds, 10 seconds of rest. Repeat 8 times. That is a Tabata. It can be all cardio exercises, all upper body exercises, all lower body, all core, a mix of total body exercises and cardio, it can be whatever you want it to be!
In this video, I explain what a Tabata is, demonstrate the 8 core stability exercises that I use for this Tabata I designed, and then complete one of these Tabatas in real-time. I used a website called tabatatimer.com to time out my rounds.
Note: please enjoy the portions of the video when:
1. The computer started to get slow, and therefore my recorded voice started to get low and slow and I fear I might be an alien from Men in Black.
2. My creepy eyes. I can see myself in the webcam, so I wanted to make sure you could see the essential limbs.
3. When I am trying to do the Swiss Ball Jack-Knife and I can't get my dag'gum swiss ball on my ankles quick enough.
If you would rather not watch the video, the eight exercises for this AB-solutely Plank Tabata are as follows:
1. Extended Plank
2. Swiss Ball Plank on Elbows
3. Right Side Plank
4. Left Side Plank
5. Swiss Ball Jack-Knife
6. Reverse Plank
7. Plank Hand Taps
8. Plank Leg Lifts.
Thanks for stopping by for my Fit n'Firm Friday!! Try this out and tell me what you think! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment