Friday, September 20, 2013

Fit n' Firm Friday: Bootcamp workout #3

Oh sweet Susie. DOMS has set in. I know I am alive, that is for sure. I am having a hard time walking today, and I love it. Although, being 8 months pregnant (and waddling), makes it all the more awkward to move when you are incredibly sore. : ) This is the workout I had for the bootcamp ladies Wednesday night.

12 x 4 Tabata series:
*A tabata is a 4 minute long workout. It is performing an exercise for 20 seconds, as hard as you can, with 10 seconds of rest immediately after. Continue alternating between the 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest until you have completed 8 rounds of work. It adds up to 4 minutes total.

*This workout has 12 exercises. Each exercise is performed for one tabata (4 minutes). Then, take about 30 seconds to a minute of rest after the 4 minutes are up. Move on to the next exercise and complete the new tabata. Continue until all 12 tabatas are completed. It is a total of 48 minutes of "tabata" time, with the additional rest periods in between tabatas.

*I did not use very many "cardio" exercises, but alternating between upper body and lower body exercises keeps your heart rate up to get the same effect.

1. Squats
2. Overhead tricep extension(5-8 lbs)
3. Deadlift(15-20 lbs)
4. Front row(5-10 lbs)
5. Forward lunge with calf raise
6. Shoulder press(5-10 lbs)
7. Glute bridges
8. Push-ups
9. Reverse lunges
10. Bicep curls(5-10 lbs)
11. Squat jumps
12. L raises(5 lbs)

Feel free to ask any questions on how to perform a certain exercise!


No comments:

Post a Comment