The Goblet Squat
(make sure you say that with a British accent.)
WHAT YOU NEED: One medium to heavy dumbbell aka... your goblet.
 |
| 1. Start with your feet a little more than shoulder width apart and hold the dumbbell at one end with both hands. Make sure you smile. |
 |
2. Bend your knees and squat down. Align your knees with your toes. Keep your knees from going past your toes to prevent strain. You can have your toes facing forward, or angled outward. I prefer slightly angled outward. Make sure you keep your backs straight and upright throughout the whole movement. Don't let your upper body lean super far foward-try to sit back in the squat. Stop when your elbows get to your knees.
*If it is too hard to touch your elbows to your knees, look below for the modified goblet squat. |
 |
To finish the goblet squat, you will stand back up to your starting position. Make sure you are squeezing your glutes and using them throughout the entire squat (especially on the way back up).
I recommend: 10-12 repititions 2-3 sets. |
 |
| Side view of the modified goblet squat. So, this is what it would look like if you need to modify the squat to be a little bit easier. Go halfway down and return back up. Otherwise, I want you to go down so your elbows touch your knees! Be smart, but push yourself! : ) |
I love the goblet squat for its intense concentration on the lower body. Including the goblet squat in your routine will help strengthen your bum and your legs BIG time! So, give 'em a try and tell me what you think!
lizzy you look so good!!!! Keep up the fitness posts, you really do inspire me!!! xoxoxo!!
ReplyDeleteawww thanks jenae!! right back at ya girl!!
DeleteLookin' good girl!!! Oh how I hate squats but that's because I'm so out of shape!!!! I need to get my motivation back!!!
ReplyDelete