So, I would say I cook about 75% of the dinners in our home. The other 25% of the cooking, and MOST of the baking is due to the manly hands of this here cowboy. Now, this is not just any ordinary cowboy, this is MY cowboy. : ) Early in our marriage, he found this recipe for Cowboy Cookies off of allrecipes.com, and it is his go-to cookie recipe. Everytime he makes them, my heart pitter patters a little bit with excitement. The problem is, is he usually doubles the recipe, and that leaves me in a very dangerous situation. I almost think the cookie-dough is better than the cookie... but then I eat a cookie and I change my mind. Anyway, it is WAY too much of a temptation for our whole family, so we take some to share with friends or family. EVERYONE rants and raves about how good they are, and they are usually looking at me as if I made them. I gladly would take the credit, but I just cannot. He is the master behind these glorious cookies.
| yeaa...... I ate a lot of those... |
| look at all that GOODNESS!!! |
So, if you never have the chance to receive some cookies from us, I am sorry ahead of time. BUT... I'll share the recipe so you can partake of this sweet piece of heaven!
Oh, and it's totally healthy because there are oats in them. ; )
COWBOY COOKIES
from allrecipes.com
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup (or more if I am making these) semisweet chocolate chips
-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease baking sheets.
-Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and then set aside.
-In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
-Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
-Gradually stir in sifted ingredients. Next, stir in rolled oats and chocolate chips.
-Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheets.
-Bake 8-10 minutes (just until they are barely getting a hint of golden color, you don't want to overbake them), and allow to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing.
**** My husband wanted me to tell you, a good replacement for chocolate chips in this recipe is to use butterscotch chips. Or like us, we used half choco chips/half butterscotch chips several occasions, and we LOVED them. A tad bit too much really. Enjoy! : )

No comments:
Post a Comment