Friday, March 29, 2013

Fit n' Firm Friday: It's been too long!!

Ok, welp... I am in fact alive! I have to find balance in my life, or my anxiety goes through the roof. So, I had to put a pause on blogging for a while. With being a full-time, stay-at-home momma with two kiddos at home, one crazy monkey in school, two amazing callings at church, teaching a bootcamp at our church for women twice a week, a couple rounds of sickness in our house, and a husband who goes out of town for work every so often, blogging was the last thing I wanted to do! : ) Anyway, so here is the workout we did this past Wednesday at bootcamp. It was very fun and a great total body workout!

Fit n' Firm Friday: Tabata x 12

*12 Tabatas stations, with two exercises per station. Rotate performing each of the two exercises at the station until the full 8 rounds of the tabata are over. Exercise high intensity for 20 seconds, 10 seconds rest. Continue until you have reached the 8 full rounds, thus, each station lasts 4 minutes total.

*if any of the exercises are unfamiliar to you, you can always google them, or shoot me a comment and ask me to demonstrate for another fit n' firm friday.


Station 1: Explosive push-up and Exercise ball chest fly (place your upper back and neck on the exercise ball and keep your hips up in a bridge position while you perform the flys.)

Station 2: Plank and V-ups

Station 3: Body weight squat and Body weight jump squat

Station 4: Kettle bell squat into cross leg jump and Tricep extensions

Station 5: Cross body toe reaches (laying down, feet in air, arms straight holding light weight dumbbell) and Side burpee

Station 6: Body weight alternating lunge and Body weight split squat jumps

Station 7: Spicy burpee and L raises

Station 8: Bicep matrix and Sit up/hip raise combo

Station 9: Body weight squat and Body weight jump squat

Station 10: Plank with weighted lateral raise and Sliding mountain climbers (our gym is a carpet flooring, so I used two paper plates to place the feet on)

Station 11: Bent over row and Prone Y raises

Station 12: Body weight alternating lunge and Body weight split squat jumps

We did a workout finisher called ROXANNE... I found the idea online here and I knew we had to do it 'cause we have a girl named Roxanne that comes to bootcamp. : )

Play "Roxanne" by The Police. Start in extended plank position, and everytime they say "roxanne" do a pushup, and everytime they say "red light" do a squat thrust. It gets crazy!!!

After the roxanne bit, we did roughly 8 minutes of abs. Great night!

I'll tell ya what... the women that come to bootcamp are beasts! I am going to brag on them for a minute... Almost every single one of them is a mother, they come to workout late at night, and they bust their behinds! I will not name who, but we even have a 59 year old woman who comes, and goodness gracious, she is a hard worker! They all are! I am thankful they let me teach them. : )

Try this workout and let me know what you think! I'll guarantee you will feel a step closer to being FIT N' FIRM! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment