Friday, June 7, 2013

working out pregnant and in public :-)

We have a gym membership. I love it and I don't know if I could ever live without it. Okay, so that was a little dramatic, but in this stage of life with young kids, it is simply awesome to have the built-in babysitting.

I knew I wanted to do long cardio for today's workout-at least an hour. At first I thought I might cycle because lately-unless I time it perfect-my legs feel like cinder blocks and running is hard. When I got to the gym though, I felt pretty energetic. I decided to hop on the treadmill. I had a fartlek run (including some walking) last week and ran 6 miles in 67 minutes and 40 seconds. Today, I did another fartlek run (some walking included again) for 6 miles and I wanted to beat last week's time. I finished today in 65 minutes and 30 something seconds. I forget the exact time. I then did a mile cool down. I was excited to get another long run in! I convinced myself during my run that I am in fact going to purchase a maternity running belt this weekend for some more belly support.

So... The point of this post?
1. We drove half way to the gym when I looked down and realized I didn't have my tennis shoes on. Dag nab it. I swear, my brain has jumped ship. We turned around and got them and headed back for the gym.
2. A kind, friendly, little old lady hopped on the treadmill next to me when I was about halfway done. "Sweet mercy..." I thought to myself when I got a giant whiff of something. My pregnancy nose is the most sensitive it has ever been. I honestly don't know if it was her breath, her body odor, or she was experiencing a  reoccurring gas release. All I know was I had to turn my head the other direction A LOT to breathe the whole time she was walking. I almost even dry heaved, but i gave myself a pep talk to get through it. My little baby nasal receptors sang praises when she was done on the treadmill.
3. After my workout, I knew I was sweaty- my hair had been dripping when I was running. I went to go pick up the kids from the day-care there and they told me I needed to change Mackenzie's diaper. We headed to the bathroom when I looked in the mirror and noticed something awesome. I had a huge, and I mean HUGE sweat ring around my belly button on my tank top. Fantastic.(insert sarcasm here) Not only do I have to have my traditionally innie belly button turn outie when I am pregnant-which can be awkward when people point out they can see it. But now, that localized area sweats 10 times more when I workout pregnant?  I quickly put my sweater on, grabbed the other kids, and we headed for the hills. I am just thankful my kids didn't point it out in front of the workers. :-)  counting my blessings here...





No comments:

Post a Comment