Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pennies, A Day of Birth, Sick Baby and Chopped

  Over Labor Day weekend, we went to Ryan's grandparents that live an hour and a half away. They also have an AMAZING farm. Railroad tracks run through their property, so putting pennies on the tracks is a tradition. Ryan took the boys to get their first pennies smashed by Thomas.


Ryan's 28th birthday was Saturday! Because of a sick baby, we didn't celebrate with his family until Sunday when we got to the farm. I made this incredible chocolate cake for him. I made it for Cole's birthday last year and we all devoured it. I figured it was time to make it again. Happy birthday Ry!!! 

 My cute boys just hangin' out in the back of the truck!

Mackenzie was in the truck with me and Ryan as we drove(slowly) around on the property. She has been sick with an upper respiratory virus for about a week. If you can tell, she is not feeling well in this picture.


Last but not least, I wanted to change things up a lil bit, so I chopped my hair off again! And I love it!!! It's an A-line bob thingy majigger. It feels so nice to not have 20 pounds on my head. Seriously, I have been blessed with some thick hair, but ya know... less is more sometimes! I love seeing people's reactions to my hair when they do it. My hair stylists over the years always freak out after we are a good 5 minutes into a hair appointment. : )

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you rachel!!! ahh! your baby boy is going to be here so soon!! : ) so excited for you! i think about time out for women every so often, that was so fun! miss you girl!

      Delete
  2. You are the cutest!! Love the new hairdo and now I'm craving chocolate cake and babys :) your kids are sooo cute and I hope makenzie gets better soon poor thing! Can't wait to hear how to train for a marathon with more than one kid!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ruth!!! : ) ya i hope she feels better soon too! are you going to keep running with baby #2 in yo bellay?

      Delete
  3. Oh Lizzie how I love you!!! You are just so fun. I want to see you more!! (: Your sentence just makes me laugh, "It's an A-line bob thingy majigger...Seriously, I have been blessed with some thick hair, but ya know... less is more sometimes!" There's just so much personality in your writing. Love the picture of the boys on the track and how they match. Cute hair!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh michelle! stop it! YOU are so fun! and we do need to hang out!!! Let's do it!

      Delete